But do you know how to nourish your body?
Women who thrive with PCOS know that food is medicine. The right foods can heal your most challenging symptoms.
The essence of eating to heal with PCOS is to consume food in its most natural state. Processed and refined foods wreak havoc with hormone levels. So clean eating will actually help you begin to balance your hormones. As insulin, cortisol, testosterone, progesterone, estrogen, and thyroid become more in balance, PCOS symptoms will be alleviated.
Here is my list of the top 8 PCOS Diet Rules:
1. Avoid processed and refined foods such as white flour, sugar, breads & pasta. Instead eat whole gluten-free grains like oatmeal, brown rice, millet, amaranth and quinoa.
2. Drink two liters of purified water per day. You can flavor your water with fresh citrus, cucumber, mint or berries.
3. Avoid refined sugar, high-fructose corn-syrup, artificial sweeteners, artificial colors, MSG, trans-fats and high saturated fat.
4. Eat packaged foods with 5 or less all- natural ingredients. Any product with a long ingredient list is usually highly processed.
5. Make alcohol an occasional indulgence – not an everyday occurrence. A glass of red wine is fine once and a while, but after one glass, the benefits are reversed.
6. Eat every 3-4 hours.
7. Always combine a lean protein and complex carb at every meal/snack.
8. Pack and stash. Take food with you. Make sure you have snacks packed with you so you have healthy choices wherever you go and don’t eat whatever is available because you are starving.
Where do you start?
I have created hundreds of PCOS-friendly recipes to help you manage your symptoms AND satisfy your taste buds in my Seasonal Meal Plans. Learn to make your own PCOS-friendly choices and truly thrive in my 7 Day Jumpstart Program!