One of the most important ways you can manage your PCOS symptoms is to manage your weight. Even a 10% reduction in body weight can really help. I have written many posts about meal planning and eating clean. I believe that planning your weekly meals and eating whole, clean foods are the two main factors that have helped me lose 50 lbs of postpartum weight over the last 9 months. However, there are several things I do everyday that help boost my weight loss efforts and I thought I would share some of them with you.
1. Eat regularly. 3 meals and 3 snacks a day to keep blood sugar stable. NEVER SKIP BREAKFAST. Eating breakfast fires up your metabolism for the rest of the day.
2. Get a good night sleep. Lack of sleep disturbs your hormone balance. It increases cortisol which decreases metabolism. If you have trouble sleeping, try my tips for catching some extra ZZZs.
3. Drink green tea. It has so many health benefits. I will post info more soon about all the benefits of green tea. Just one quick fact – Studies at the American Society for Clinical Nutrition found that compounds in green tea reduce the amount of fat your body absorbs by 30%.
4. Drink water with apple cider vinegar before every meal. See my article on ACV for more details. Apple cider vinegar helps control your blood sugar which leads to weight loss. I use Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar.
5. Eat a half of grapefruit every day. Grapefruit reduces insulin levels which leads to a reduction in body fat. I usually enjoy mine at breakfast.
I have created over 100 PCOS-friendly recipes to help you manage your symptoms AND satisfy your taste buds in my Seasonal Meal Plans.