Increasing your mindfulness about food and your body makes you more apt to eat consciously and make choices that are truly nourishing for you. This week try one of author Geneen Roth’s eating guidelines Eating Guidelines to help you increase mindful eating:
1. Eat when you are hungry.
2. Eat sitting down in a calm environment. This does not include the car.
3. Eat without distractions. Distractions include radio, television, newspapers, books, intense or anxiety producing conversations and music.
4. Eat only what your body wants.
5. Eat until you are satisfied.
6. Eat (with the intention of being) in full view of others.
7. Eat with enjoyment, gusto and pleasure.
MEATLESS MONDAY – Garden Veggie Frittata You can substitute the veggies (ie. broccoli for asparagus) and I will add fresh herbs from my garden. I will have some toast and a mixed green salad too.
WEDNESDAY Grilled Fish Tacos with Chipotle Lime Dressing with Spicy Sweet Slaw Tilapia is high in Omega 6 fatty acids which are not good for PCOS. Use another mild white fish like cod or haddock instead.
THURSDAY Peach Glazed Pork Chops with Fresh Peach Salsa I made these last week. They are wonderful. I served with some fresh green beans and roasted red potatoes.
FRIDAY Barbecued Raspberry Hoisin Chicken Serve with a big garden veggie salad.