by Amy Medling, founder of PCOS Diva
This twist on basic deviled eggs is super-tasty. It is the perfect protein, fat, and nutrient combination for your PCOS snack break, leaving you refueled, energized, and feeling great!
Avocado Bacon Deviled Eggs
Makes 6 servings
- 2 slices of bacon, diced or crumbled (I use nitrate-free applewood smoked.)
- 6 large, peeled, hard-boiled eggs (look for organic & free-range)
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 2 1/2 Tbs. olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbs. green onions, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- garlic powder to taste
- sea salt & ground black pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- paprika (optional)
Cut the eggs in half length-wise, scoop out the yolks, and place them in a small bowl. Add the avocado, mayonnaise, cilantro, green onion, lemon juice, zest, and mustard and mash until combined and creamy. Season to taste with garlic powder, sea salt, black pepper, and cayenne (optional). Pipe or dab the filling into the egg whites. Sprinkle with bacon bits and garnish with paprika.
For more great PCOS-friendly snack ideas, check out my Seasonal Meal Plans.
Amy Medling, the best-selling author of Healing PCOS and certified health coach, specializes in working with women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), who are frustrated and have lost all hope when the only solution their doctors offer is to lose weight, take a pill, and live with their symptoms. In response, Amy founded PCOS Diva and developed a proven protocol of supplements, diet, and lifestyle programs that offer women tools to help them gain control of their PCOS and regain their fertility, femininity, health, and happiness.