Most women with PCOS struggle with reproductive as well as metabolic issues including obesity. Questions about how the two might be related are the center of Dr. Dan Dumesic’s work. I was fortunate enough to interview Dr. Dumesic and ask about his research and recent findings.
Listen, and you will learn about:
- How reproductive and metabolic issues may be intertwined
- Dumesic’s cutting edge research at UCLA examining PCOS in lean women to determine the link between androgen excess and body fat
- Possible anti-androgen medication to treat PCOS
- How location of fat in your body can effect different areas of your health
- What is fatty liver?
- Medications available, in addition to lifestyle changes, to improve your health
- The risk of obesity damaging the long term health of a child