Welcome to PCOS Diva.
I remember what it was like to be just diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). The emotions, symptoms and unanswered questions can be overwhelming.
I have good news: There is hope, and you are not alone.
You have taken the most important step. You are looking for answers.
- You may be asking yourself, “Where do I begin?” The answer is simple. First, you must educate yourself about PCOS. When you understand what is happening in your body, you will be better prepared to make choices, take action, and begin taking control of your PCOS and healing. My free 32-page PCOS 101 Guide to Health and Hope is a great place to start. It will answer many of your burning questions such as what exactly a PCOS diagnosis means, the causes, and what the latest research says about treatment.
- Next, it is time to take control of your symptoms. PCOS Diva Lifestyle encompasses 4 main areas: PCOS nutrition, exercise, self-care, and spirit. No one is more important than any of the others. In fact, they all work together. After reviewing the PCOS 101 Guide, the next step is to join the Discover Your Diva Jumpstart Program. This 7 day program introduces you to all of the elements of the PCOS Diva lifestyle. You will learn to eat, move, think and heal like a Diva. You can check out all of my program offerings and choose the path that works for you. You may also want to try my free PCOS Diva app– it is a 90 day course to help get you on track for healing.
- The PCOS Diva philosophy centers on the idea that “food is medicine.” My whole food based approach offers no gimmicks, no calorie counting and no guilt. You will learn to eat whole foods that heal your body and make you feel energized. You will eliminate foods that sabotage your health such as gluten, dairy, processed sugars and carbohydrates and unhealthy fats. You will be astounded at the transformation you see in every area of your life when you eat to thrive.I have shared tons of free recipes on PCOS Diva.com; follow the Articles tab to PCOS Diet. I have also composed Seasonal Meal Plans that provide you with done-for-you menus, scrumptious recipes, shopping lists and tips that make eating like a Diva easy and satisfying. Finally, I have shared lots of great articles, interviews with experts about how and what to eat to best manage your symptoms. Consider beginning with “Don’t be a Dairy Queen” and “Go Gluten Free for PCOS.”
- Divas “move it” every day! I encourage you to find the exercise that is right for you. Whatever movement makes you feel good and that you look forward to doing is great. You don’t have to run endless miles on the treadmill. Take your dog for a walk. Try a yoga class at a gym or at home (check out GaiamTV.com). Love to dance? Try a Zumba class. Are you a swimmer? Find a way to mix it up, have fun, move and feel great every day. Building muscle is critical for women with PCOS too. Looking for a place to start? Check out No More Excuses with Gaiam TV, Muscle Matters with PCOS, HIIT for PCOS and 4 Reasons Why Yoga is Beneficial for Women with PCOS.
- Your mind and body are inextricably connected. PCOS Diva helps you to get both working together. Learn to be powerfully positive and see yourself for the beautiful, capable and powerful person that you are instead of seeing only your limitations and failures. Your positive mindset combined with your healthy lifestyle of nutritious food and exercise will let your light begin to shine. Check out: Mindfulness: The Importance of Living in the Now and Healing Steps, the 5 Stages of Grief.
- The PCOS Lifestyle combines all three of these elements, plus a little more. A diva knows that she must exercise extreme self-care, and that those around her will feel the benefits too. That means taking time to care for yourself, so you eat well, exercise, meditate and take control of your environment. Start your PCOS Diva lifestyle journey by reading Top 10 Tips for Overcoming Perfectionism and The True Implications of Saying “No:” Making Yourself the Priority.
- The PCOS Diva community of women thriving with PCOS are here to help you every step of the way. Join us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, or Twitter.
I want you to know that you no longer have to feel like a victim. You no longer have to feel out of control, hopeless or helpless. The PCOS Diva approach is grounded in hope and empowering women to help themselves.
I love the butterfly as a symbol for PCOS. When you take time to patiently, persistently, and positively work on yourself, you absolutely can emerge transformed. I have seen women with PCOS journey through my programs and transform their lives
Welcome to Healing. Welcome to Wellness. Welcome to PCOS Diva.
Begin with the PCOS Diva Program that Works for You
PCOS Diva offers 3 programs to help you take control over you PCOS: Seasonal Meal Plans, Discover Your Diva Jumpstart Program, and One-on-One Coaching. Start your PCOS Diva Journey today!
From breakfast to dinner with snacks in between, these done-for-you meal plans make eating to thrive a pleasure. Designed especially for women with PCOS, you will enjoy delicious foods while transforming your health.
PCOS Diva's innovative online programs will help you take control of your symptoms naturally. Join the thousands of women who have learned to thrive with PCOS Diva online programs.
PCOS Diva Supplements and Smoothie Powders.
Supplements and Smoothie Powders sourced from a highly respected and GMP certified nutraceutical company.
We delight in the beauty of the butterfly,
- Maya Angelou
but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty