105 – How to Minimize Your Risk On the Birth Control Pill
If you are a woman with PCOS and/or you’re using hormonal birth control, listen in (or read the transcript) because this podcast is for you. Dr. Jolene Brighten is the leading expert in post-birth control syndrome and the long-term side effects associated with hormonal contraceptives. She’s also the author of a brand-new book, Beyond the Pill. While we both agree that it is a woman’s right to take the birth control pill, it is also her right to understand how to take care of her body while she takes it, what those potential side effects are, and what she should look out for. Listen in and be educated and empowered!
- Why doctors fail to connect symptoms like gas, bloating, depression, anxiety, acne, yeast infections, any other number of signs and symptoms to birth control.
- Nutrients you must supplement to reduce your risk of heart disease and neurological issues
- Baseline lab tests to have done before, during, and after taking the pill
- Why we have high rates of gall bladder issues
- How and when to detox
- The impact on your gut and how to repair it