137 – Why Intermittent Fasting Works for PCOS
“I know sometimes it feels like your willpower is weak. But your willpower is not weak, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with you as a person. Hormonally, food has a big impact. So, when you eat and what you eat has a huge impact on how you feel and what food choices you make.” – Dr. Nadia Pateguana
Intermittent fasting or time-restricted eating (TRE) is not a fad. It is a way of eating that has existed for millennia. Is it right for women with PCOS? Dr. Nadia Pateguana explains why it may be the best option for women with PCOS who wish to lose weight and/or balance their hormones. What are the benefits? What are the risks? Listen in (or read the transcript) as we discuss:
- Intermittent fasting and PCOS
- The optimal diet for PCOS
- Fasting periods- why fasting longer isn’t necessarily better
- Is it safe to fast with a history of disordered eating?
- The role of healthy fat and how to incorporate it into our diet
All PCOS Diva podcasts are available on
Mentioned in this podcast:
- The PCOS Plan
- The Fasting Method Program
- What is Insulin Resistance?
- Study: The Contribution of Hyperinsulinemia to The Hyperandrogenism of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Dr. Pateguana’s Twitter and Instagram handle is @nadia_pateguana