Does any of this sound familiar: chronic fatigue, apathy, depression, brain fog, memory lapse, mood swings, anxiety, bipolar disorder, depression, OCD, panic attacks, weight gain, hair loss, low body temperature, or joint pain? You may have a thyroid disorder.
As a woman with PCOS, your likelihood of having Hashimoto’s Disease is 3 times greater than other women. Many of us suffer from this or some other type of thyroid disorder. With this in mind, I had the pleasure of interviewing Dr. Izabelle Wentz, a prominent thyroid expert and pharmacist. Her search for the root cause of Hashimoto’s Disease offers hope to all of us who suffer from thyroid issues. During our conversation, we discussed:
- Hypothyroidism vs. Hashimoto’s Disease
- Tests you need to ask your doctor about to be properly diagnosed
- Common and often overlooked or misdiagnosed symptoms
- Actions to take when you are diagnosed
- Possible benefits of pharmaceuticals
- Causes and results of not properly treating thyroid issues