Millions of women around the world struggle with PCOS. That number would make you think that PCOS research would be popular and well funded. For many reasons, this is not the case. The good news is that research physician Dr. Frank González and many who share his passion are undertaking research right now that will change the lives of women with PCOS.
Dr. Gonzalez is studying the link between PCOS and inflammation. We know that inflammation is the underpinning of most major diseases and health problems (cancer, diabetes, heart attack, stroke). Now we can add PCOS to the list. Listen in as Dr. Gonzalez explains
- the “epigenetic phenomenon” that leads an overweight mother to predispose her fetus to obesity for their lifetime
- the effect of inflammation on ovarian dysfunction
- how to reverse the damage inflammation has caused already and prevent new damage
- his research on asprin-like drugs on PCOS and inflammation
- the usefulness of natural anti-inflammatories (like ginger)