I receive questions almost every day about thyroid disease & PCOS. Hashimoto’s thyroiditis and other thyroid issues are very common in women with PCOS, and many of us don’t even know we have it because it can take years to show up on a blood test. Hashimoto’s expert Shannon Garrett, explains that Hashimoto’s is a 3-legged stool and how you must balance thyroid, adrenal glands, and sex hormones to truly begin healing. Do you have Hashimoto’s? Listen in as we discuss:
- The connection of inflammation to Hashimoto’s and PCOS
- Lesser recognized symptoms of low level chronic inflammation: acid reflux or heartburn, chronic acne, chronic dry eye, recurrent urinary tract infections, PCOS, dermatitis or periodontal disease.
- Classic low thyroid symptoms like fatigue that worsens over time, weight loss resistance, brain fog, skin change conditions (like scaly skin), or losing hair.
- What is the best kind of diet for Hashimoto’s (keto? AIP, PCOS Diva)?
- Role of stress management & proven techniques
- The 2-3 supplements you should be taking