Dental health is clearly linked to PCOS and general health. In fact, the mouth is the first point that many issues start to present themselves. Bleeding gums, for instance, is one of the first signs of potential hormone and microbiome changes. Your mouth even communicates what type of vitamin deficiencies you may have. Dr. Steven Lin is on a mission to educate people about the connection between dental health and their overall well being.
Listen in as we discuss:
- The connection between tooth decay & gum disease and digestive, immunity, and hormone problems, as well as Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- The hierarchy of nutrients that your body uses and what you may be lacking
- Vitamin D deficiency and its cascading effects
- The role of the microbiome in your dental health and vice versa
- The problem with mouthwash
- How sleep fits into your dental and overall health picture